Friday 11 May 2012

Number 27

Hi again,

Did you enjoy the previous two crafty blogs? I have had a really good response from them so I promise I shall do some more soon. For today I am focussing on baking and i have 'The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie' recipe to share today.

I made these last week and they went down a treat with the boys and my mum. Mathew has asked me if I'll pack a homebaked snack in their packed lunches on a Wednesday! High praise I think you'll agree.

Before I share the recipe, I wanted to tell you of another book idea I have had (don't worry the children's one is still happening)... If you recall I mentioned previously that I ran a cake company - We Love Cake, well seeing as I love helping and inspiring others I thought why not make a book called "We Love Cake - Recipes and Tutorials. Filled with my favorite recipes, my own of course, and tutorials on icing techniques, figurine animals, decorating inspiration for cupcakes and cake pop how to's. What do y'all think? Would you be interested in owning a book like that? Plenty of illustrations and simple to follow step by step instructions. It's just that no matter what I'm doing everything brings me back to cake! Eating it, baking them, teaching techniques. Something I'm thinking about anyway :D

Now... To the kitchens!!

The Best Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:

250g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
200g light brown soft sugar
170g melted and cooked butter
100g golden caster sugar
1 tbls vanilla extract, or 1/2 tbls of vanilla essence
1 egg yolk
200g milk chocolate chips
125g white chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 170degrees or 150 degrees for fan assisted ovens. Line a flat baking tray with parchment/grease proof paper.
1. Start off by diving the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt together in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl combine the melted butter with the sugars and vanilla essence until the sugar dissolves
3. Mix the egg into the butter/sugar mixture.
4. Add the sugars to the flour mix and whilst combining add the chocolate chips.
5. Separate the mixture in half then half again.
6. Take one of the four sections and roll into a ball, then rip it in half and keeping the ripped section turned upwards place the rounded bit onto the baking tray.
7. Repeat this, leaving enough room for them to spread to the size of cups -remembering to NOT push them down!
8. Bake in two batches for 11 minutes, the edges should start to be golden and the middles still soft to the touch.
9. Eat and enjoy with a glass of cold milk.

What do you think? Not the simplest but the results will speak for themselves!

I had a wonderful weekend at the wedding I mentioned a few weeks back, and thoroughly enjoyed having a night away in a cute cottage! More on that in the next edition.

Signing off for now, cuddle time!
Peace out buddies!
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment